Now in its 21st year of operation, Melbourne IT Group (including WME digital, Netregistry, Outware Mobile & WebCentral) helps organisations of all sizes, and across all industries harness technology to drive business success.
We have more than 700,000 SMB customers, who we support and enable by providing solutions and insights to transform their ideas into business realities. Our Enterprise Services Division is a market leader in Mobile, Analytics and Cloud technologies that create new services and solutions that enable our customers to go-to-market. Our business has demonstrated capability in emerging technologies including Internet of Things, Machine Learning and Chatbots.
Most Australians will use an application or service developed by Melbourne IT Group via its enterprise customers.
Supporting both SMB and ES Divisions, as our new Systems Engineer you will enable customer success and meet the evolving needs of our business through delivering Virtualisation, Cloud, Storage and Backups based services. In this role you will work with your broader team to deliver customer obsessed support and maintenance to both on premise and cloud platforms.
What YOU get to do:
• Enable SMB and ES customers through the successful delivery of services and solutions
• Deliver Technology and Platform support within Virtualisation, Cloud, Storage & Backups spaces
• Provide cross stream support of colleagues in multiple technology disciplines and daily activities
• Collaborate with your team for incident and problem action resolution
• Drive innovation and improvements within Storage and Visualisation space with your Team Leader and broader team.
• Focus on automation and streamlining processes
• Collaborate on the delivery of key project work and initiatives
• Maintain documentation and add amendments regarding solutions, changes and incidents
What YOU will have:
• Previous experience in Backup, Storage and/or Visualisation technologies is essential
• Demonstrated experience in AWS/ Azure is highly desirable
• Exposure to automation and scripting
• ITIL process knowledge
• An ability to define and implement new standards, procedures and operational efficiencies
• Previous project delivery experience using an agile approach is highly advantageous
• Customer obsession and a willingness to engage customers directly
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• The ability to manage conflicting priorities in an environment of continuous change and complexity
• Team player with a desire to collaborate
• Comfortable challenging the status quo
We celebrate the good stuff. The birthdays, the anniversaries and understand our staff are our greatest asset. We genuinely enjoy the time we spend together and regularly get together at informal and organised social events to ensure we maintain good levels of fun and mateship whilst working collaboratively towards our common and individual goals.
Please note, we do provide 24/7 support to our customers and there is an on call requirement for this role. Our team is remunerated for this additional time, on top of their annual salary.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an experienced, high performing technical team through an exciting period of business transformation.