- Design, Mobile
- Business unit:
- Enterprise Services
- Employment type:
- Full-time Permanent
Outware is coming to Brisbane!
Multiple opportunities to join Australia's leading mobile app development company and be one of the founding Brisbane members!
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented and experienced UI Designer to be part of the team creating Australia's most popular and high-profile apps.
We are looking for someone that is passionate about apps and has the attitude and skill to work in our award-winning design team.
What the role will focus on
- Design experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant
- Work alongside our experienced UX team to produce beautiful and intuitive apps
- Work iteratively designing screens, interactions and prototypes to help define the product
- Present designs to clients and stakeholders
- Work with development teams to understand the implementation details and dependencies for visual designs
- Provide and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- Partner with Project Managers, developers, UX designers and clients to oversee the visual design of a product from conception until launch (and then some)
- Work with QA teams to ensure designs are implemented correctly
What you will bring to the role
- Understanding of Android & iOS design best practices
- Previous experience (examples) designing visual interfaces - web, applications, mobile, etc.
- Excellent knowledge Sketch and/or Adobe Creative Suite
- The ability to interpret brand guidelines
- Passionate and knowledgeable about apps and devices
- Excellent people skills & collaborative attitude
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work at high speed, multi-task and manage multiple projects at once
- Interest in emerging design tools/techniques
- Solid design skills based on expert knowledge of fundamental design principles, colour theory and typography
Desirable but not essential
- Degree in Design (Multimedia or equivalent)
- Prototyping skills (Flinto/Principle/Framer)
- Desire to experiment with new tools to find improved workflows
- Understanding/experience in 2D animation
- Illustration / drawing skills
- Experience with branding/identity development
As part of your application you must include:
- Examples of design work, PDF/web link (web/mobile preferred)
Benefits of joining Outware
- Develop and broaden your career and skills in mobile by working on exciting high profile and innovative projects
- Surround yourself with a supportive, friendly and experienced team who are passionate about mobile
- Technology for you: Macbooks, access to the latest and greatest devices - phones, tablets, Apple Watch/wearables
Please note - You must be a permanent resident or have appropriate work rights in Australia. Strictly no agency referrals.